[Dovecot] deploying dspam

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Wed Dec 15 18:48:20 EET 2004

Hauke Fath wrote:

> While this of course depends on your definition of "larger", some
> people seem to think otherwise:
>
> http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa04/tech/blosser.html

Not having a Usenix login, I cannot comment on the full paper, but to
quote this from the abstract:

> Bayesian classification has been able to solve the spam problem for
> this user population for the present and observable future, with a
> single wordlist, and with no secondary spam filtering techniques
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The use of a single wordlist is appropriate for limited circumstances.
Even in a corporate environment like I manage, there is a very wide
definition of what constitutes spam, and a configuration such as
described above wouldn't work here.  It would work even less in an ISP
environment, with widely varied userbase.

This is now veering into Off Topic Territory...

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group