[Dovecot] deploying dspam

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Dec 15 17:31:12 EET 2004

On 15.12.2004, at 17:19, John Peacock wrote:

> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
>> Is this enough?
>> http://dovecot.org/patches/1.0/copy_plugin.c
>> Dovecot would need a real plugin API some day which would make things
>> easier..
>
> I might be interested in working on this, but I'd need a little more
> details.  How is this linked in (and what library)?  How is
> copy_plugin_init() called (it looks like this replaces the default
> COPY command)?

See mail_use_modules and mail_modules setting in config file. Just copy
the file as shared library in there.

Oh and the file is supposed to be compiled in src/imap/ directory so
the relative include paths work right..

You could compile it into the binary itself if you really wanted, but
then you'd have to change the makefile and sources a bit.