[Dovecot] Ximian Evolution Issue

Alex S Moore asmoore at edge.net
Tue Dec 14 02:27:59 EET 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 18:32 -0500, Adam Todorski wrote:
> Thanks for your swift replies, I really appreciate it.  I looked at my
> mail logs and couldn't find anything awry.  Also, if I use Mozilla
> Thuderbird from any remote platform or Squirrelmail hosted on the mail
> server itself I have no problems, regardless of the number of messages
> in a folder.  I realize that I should probably ask on Evolution forums,
> but I think you guys may be better equiped to answer.

Running dovecot 0.99.12 here, along with another brand on a different
host.  Evolution plays fine with dovecot, both 1.4.6 and 2.0.x.  I am
not using Fedora, but that should not matter.  Dovecot is very fast,
even with the maildir folders on a nfs home share.  Your message
indicates a configuration problem, probably with Evolution.

On 'Receiving Options', you should have Folders - 'Show only subscribed
folders' unchecked and the same with 'Override ... namespace'.

Starting Evolution with verbose mode sometimes helps.  I think that you
just export CAMEL_LOG_VERBOSE.  That could be wrong, but it is close and
goggle should find it.

Alex