[Dovecot] 0.99.12-1.1.fc1.rf broken?

alex at amcms.org alex at amcms.org
Mon Dec 6 23:55:44 EET 2004

Hi,

I dont know if this is a dovecot problem, or the rpm build, me, or my
computer ;)

Was wondering if anyone else has been having problems using the
0.99.12-1.1.fc1.rf release from http://dag.wieers.com/packages/dovecot/

My specific problem is this.

1. Dovecot starts
2. You can login using telnet
3. You can issue a select inbox but nothing seems to happen

By this stage dovecot is spiraling out of control, using up almost all my
tiny cpu's processor, when usually it uses basically nothing. What appears
to happen if you look at the logs is this.

======= Dovecot Log =======
dovecot: Dec 06 10:39:48 Error: login: Authentication process 5634 doesn't
exist

======= Dovecot Info Log =======
imap-login: Dec 06 12:36:09 Info: Disconnected: Inactivity [127.0.0.1]

Then, I noticed that if I tried to log in again I would have multiple
dovecot-auth processes churning away at my processor....

I went thru the config file, and the new one with my changes, still the
same. I also restarted dovecot several times, having to kill all the
processes manually as service dovecot stop didnt seem to work.

Is anyone else having this problem? And do they know how to fix it?

Im running dovecot on fedora core 1, using mysql for authenticating.

Thanks
Alex