[Dovecot] Dovecot SQL auth problem? (1.0-test52-56)

Andrew Hutchings mail at a-wing.co.uk
Mon Dec 6 17:46:23 EET 2004

Hi there,
We are living dangerously and using the test versions on our production
servers which are migrated from 3 different older servers (about 5000
accounts) therefore we have 3 different MySQL auths.  All seems to be
ok, but a guy in the office is using Thunderbird as pop3 access.  The
auth is saying:

 auth(sql): plain(?,xx.xxx.xx.xxx): invalid input

I have hidden his IP for security reasons.  The login should be
user at domain.co.uk and his account works fine with outlook.
With test 52 this killed the auth child with signal 6 and 11.
Anyone have any ideas?

Unrelated to this (I hope) we are also getting quite a few child xxxx
(pop3) killed with signal 11 several times a minute.
--
Andrew Hutchings
Systems Operator / Developer / Linux Guru