[Dovecot] mozilla, error in imap command uid

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Dec 3 18:45:12 EET 2004

On 3.12.2004, at 15:23, Nicolas Kowalski wrote:

>> the mail server responded: Error in IMAP command UID:
>> Invalid BODY[..] parameter: Missing '>' in '<10240.-7730>'.

imap_client_workarounds = tb-negative-fetch fixes this.

> Also, the message list pane is wrong ; the message sizes displayed do
> not match for example ; the given size is always the one of the
> previous
> message.

I finally checked this myself. The problem is that Thunderbird requires
that the RFC822.SIZE reply comes before BODY[HEADER.FIELDS(..)],
otherwise it breaks this way. I'd rather not change the order in which
Dovecot returns the replies, so getting Thunderbird people to fix it
would be good idea.