[Dovecot] 1.0-test CVS HEAD index problems

Tomi Hakala tomi.hakala at clinet.fi
Wed Dec 1 23:43:39 EET 2004

Jim Lawson wrote:
> Using Thunderbird-0.9.  Dovecot is running on RHEL 3, on top of
> Redhat/Sistina GFS (clustered filesystem.)  Currently I'm keeping it on
> one node to avoid possible GFS locking issues.

Your error messages are file system locking problems in any case,
what locking method are you using?

For me following locking config works fine with Polyserve clustered
file system, don't know about GFS though..

lock_method = flock
mbox_read_locks = flock
mbox_write_locks = flock

 > I've been following the -test code for a couple of months now, just to see how
 > it does, because we're running UW IMAPd and are excited to have a way to
 > increase the performance of our mail cluster (indexes) without having to move
 > away from mbox.

A small tip, put your indexes on separate LUN and preferably on
seperate disks than your mail spool, and since indexes are written
heavily non parity RAID like 1 or 10 is much better than RAID-5.

--
Tomi Hakala