[Dovecot] Authentication and Startup/Shutdown error.

Andrew Lietzow alietzow at myfamily.com
Sat Aug 28 20:29:53 EEST 2004

Tim,
Thanks for the reply.  I did check the maillog quite a bit.   Fortunately, I had kept an orig of the dovecot.conf file so I rolled back to the example I found on the dovecot.org website and now it's up and running.   It's all smoke and mirrors to me, mostly, but at least it's working for now.    I'll come back to this question of implementing TLS or SSL later, in my voluminous spare time.

It appears to be a very powerful program and should carry me through to the next millenium...

Ciao and Muchos Gracias,

Andrew in Iowa, USA