[Dovecot] Re: Bug: Message time gets changed during move/copy

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Sep 25 03:42:49 EEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 13:10, Akhilesh Agarwal wrote:
> SERVER
>
>       * Redhat 9.0 stable (with all up2date updates installed)
>       * Sendmail-8.12.8-6.90
>       * Dovecot 0.99.10 release

>       * On the workstation running Outlook Express, there should be
>         some existing messages in Local Folders. (example: message
>         downloaded from a POP3 server)
>       * Change the time zone of the workstation machine to non-GMT
>         time zone. In my case GMT +0530 (Indian Standard Time)
>       * Create a test IMAP account on the server
>       * Configure Outlook Express to connect to the IMAP account.
>       * Now select a message in the Local Folders and copy it to a
>         folder on the IMAP server.
>       * If you check the message time on the IMAP account, you will
>         find that +0530 hrs was added to the message time. (+0530 is
>         apparently the time zone of my workstation as configure above)

Sorry for taking this long to reply, it always takes so much effort to
turn on my Windows computer :)

I cannot reproduce this. I have my server and workstation set to GMT+3
and copying message from Dovecot to OE6 local folder and back keeps the
message date the same.

Or actually it looks like IMAP -> local folder copies using the
message's Date field rather than IMAP's INTERNALDATE which
Received-field shows.

I'm not sure if this could be Dovecot's or OE6's fault .. Has anyone
else seen timestamps going wrong when copying?

> Can anyone please confirm this and let me know, as I am not subscribed
> to the list.

It actually never made it to list because it was decided to be spam
(mostly due to being HTML).