[Dovecot] Multiple auth checkers

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Sep 17 03:40:03 EEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 03:29, Dan Sully wrote:
> > Yes. It should be enough to just add multiple auth blocks.
>
> Where in the code does it "fallback" to the other blocks?
>
> I can't seem to find it.

src/lib-auth/auth-server-request.c sends two requests at the same time.
If the first one fails (AUTH_CLIENT_RESULT_FAILURE) it hides the failure
and continues with the next one.

The reason it sends multiple requests at the same time is that PAM waits
for two seconds before replying failure. The other check can be done
while waiting for it. Actually all failed password checks should wait
for one or two seconds before replying, I just haven't got around
implementing it..