[Dovecot] the most serius problems [part 1]

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri May 30 02:51:45 EEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 00:27, Farkas Levente wrote:
>  > You could kludge Dovecot to use INBOX. prefix, or Courier to not use it,
>  > but there's no pretty way to do it really.
>  >

> how can I do that?
> do you mean there is a way to configure courier not to use INBOX as a
> prefix?

No, I mean you can do it by messing enough with the sources. Hmm. I
don't think it would be too difficult. OK, here's patch against 1.7.0. I
tested a few commands manually and they seemed to work, but maybe I
missed something.

If you plan on switching between Courier <-> Dovecot, you should keep
courierimapuiddb and dovecot-uidlist files synchronized or clients will
download the whole mailbox again every time you do the switch. Easiest
way to do this would be to just change Dovecot to use courierimapuiddb
file directly, you can change that from
src/lib-index/maildir/maildir-uidlist.h

Subscription file would be also nice to keep synced. You set Dovecot to
use courierimapsubscribed from
src/lib-storage/subscription-file/subscription-file.c

> or is there any way to configure dovecot to use INBOX as a prefix?

Not yet, but it's in TODO along with other namespace configuration.