[Dovecot] Postgres "issue"

Maikel Verheijen maikel at ladot.com
Tue May 27 10:43:04 EEST 2003

Dear list,

I have a small issue with dovecot talking to a postgresql server:

If my postgres server get restarted, dovecot fails to reconnect to the
postgres server.

I run dovecot 0.99.9.1 (which is actually a cvs version of dovecot, of may 9
2003)

I have the same postgres version for the server as I use for the libraries.

Is it hard to get auto-reconnect to work?

Kind regards,

Maikel Verheijen

Ps: the log message I get is this:

May 22 17:33:01 testlfw3 dovecot-auth: PGSQL: Query "SELECT password FROM
aliases WHERE alias = 'maikel at test.com' AND password != ''" failed: FATAL 1:
This connection has been terminated by the administrator. server closed the
connection unexpectedly ^IThis probably means the server terminated
abnormally ^Ibefore or while processing the request.

Which probably describes it all :)