[Dovecot] DRAC support?

Charlie Allom charlie at rubberduck.com
Sat May 17 09:31:25 EEST 2003

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 02:13:35PM -0500, David Champion wrote:
> * On 2003.05.14, in <200305142137.11186.jryden at thebox.our-own.net>,
> *	"Joakim Ryden" <jryden at thebox.our-own.net> wrote:
> >
> > DRAC, pop-before-smtp and other such implementations really is a "broken" way
> > of implementing the desired result, IMHO, and I would much prefer this code
> > stays out of dovecot. You should be using SMTP auth. Really.
>
> I agree that it's not as good an answer as SMTP auth, but SMTP auth
> isn't always an option. *-before-SMTP is. That's why it's popular,
> and that's why it will exist for dovecot whether Timo puts it in the
> distribution or not. It just makes things easier if he does.

On this note,

has anyone else tried this patch ? with Timo's modifications to his
original patch I got it updating the DRAC db, but only able to use the
local interfaces.

I'm not sure dovecot is structured, but maybe the patch should be in
the auth parts of the code?

don't shoot me :) Just seeing if someone else is interested in DRAC
atm with dovecot.

  C.
--
 charlie at rubberduck.com - Melbourne, Australia