[dovecot] Re: List-id test

Moe Wibble eskimoe at ananzi.co.za
Tue May 13 18:05:44 EEST 2003

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 03:38:25PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 15:24, Moe Wibble wrote:
> > > .. I think I'll switch switch the list manager. Mailman looks nice.
> > tried ezmlm? :)
>
> Nope, but it looked like it was qmail-only.

Yup.

> Only problem with Mailman now is handling spams that went into
> moderation queue. Ecartis didn't have a queue, it just sent the mails to
> me so I could either delete them or approvove them by replying. Mailman
> wants me to go to some web page to approve them. Or there was something
> about replying to the message which would delete it, but I couldn't get
> that to work. It probably wanted to reply to attached message/rfc822
> which Evolution doesn't handle. Still, too difficult compared to just
> deleting the mail and forgetting about it.

Sounds strange. But is moderation really needed?
Unless spam gets out of hand ofcourse.

> Also that means I can't use spamassassin to just delete those mails at
> my personal mail account. They'd have to be deleted before passed to
> Mailman. Last time I tried installing spamassassin directly to Postfix
> it required me to install and configure all kind of weird software and I
> got tired of trying.

Yea, I have a very similar memory of spamassasin. ;)

> Anyway, good thing is that now I configured Evolution to do list-reply
> with Ctrl-R and that works great because we have List-* headers :)

List-Header is good.
I noticed the change right away because my old filter rule for the list
didn't match anymore. But that's okay, List-Id is much better. :)
I only wondered that after the change there was no ezmlm in the header.
Whenever a mailing list that I was on had switched in the past
it always was from X to ezmlm. ;)