[Dovecot] crash on LIST command

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 16 17:39:14 EEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 17:14, Wouter Van Hemel wrote:
> Fatal: Can't create directory /usr/local/var/run/dovecot: No such file or
> directory
>
> ... when I undefine "base_dir = /var/run/dovecot/". So that path really
> isn't the default dovecot uses, for some reason it prepends '/usr/local'
> (that being the install prefix). This could be a feature, too - it just
> confused me because I thought the comments showed the default settings.

>From beginning of config file:

# Default values are shown after each value, it's not required to uncomment
# any of the lines. Exception to this are paths, they're just examples
# with real defaults being based on configure options.

I use those values that are the preferred locations that binary package
builders should use.

> Fatal: Error in configuration file /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf line 125:
> Unknown setting: max_logging_users
>
> That should probably be login_max_logging_users?

Right.