[Dovecot-news] Released Pigeonhole v0.4.8.rc3 for Dovecot v2.2.17

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed May 13 21:13:38 UTC 2015

Hello Dovecot users,

RC2 had one more important bug caused by the new sieve_default_name
feature. To prevent causing more of such rather stupid bugs in the
future, I created an external shell-based test suite to test dovecot-lda
delivery, the doveadm sieve tools and ManageSieve. These kind of tests
aren't possible with the current Sieve-based test suite that is included
in the Pigeonhole tarball. Now I can test most basic top-level
Pigeonhole functionality in one go.

Additionally, I created one new feature for ManageSieve. It allows
logging various statistics at client disconnect, much like POP3
currently supports. This is e.g. useful for debugging. In the process, I
fixed a few ManageSieve bugs as well.

If RC3 doesn't cause any more issues, I will release 0.4.8 this Friday.

Changelog v0.4.8 (updated):

* LDA Sieve plugin: Dovecot changed the deliver_log_format setting to
  include %{delivery_time}. This prompted changes in Pigeonhole that
  make this release dependent on Dovecot v2.2.17.
+ Implemented magic to make sieve_default script visible from
  ManageSieve under a configurable name. This way, users can see the
  default rules, edit them and store a private adjusted version. This
  could also be achieved by copying the default script into the user's
  script storage, but updates to the global sieve_default script would
  be ignored that way.
+ ManageSieve: Implemented support for reporting command statistics at
  disconnect. Statistics include the number of bytes and scripts
  uploaded/downloaded/checked and the number of scripts deleted/renamed.
- Fixed problem in address test: erroneously decoded mime-encoded words
  in address headers.
- extprograms plugin: Fixed failure occurring when connecting to script
  service without the need to read back the output from the external
  program.
- Fixed bug in script storage path normalization occurring with relative
  symbolic links below root.
- Fixed and updated various parts of the documentation
- ManageSieve: Used "managesieve" rather than "sieve" as login service
  name, which means that all managesieve-specific settings where
  ignored.
- Managesieve: Storage quota was not always enforced properly for
  scripts uploaded as quoted string. Nobody uses that, but it is
  allowed in the specification and we support it, so it should work
  properly.

The release is available as follows:

http://pigeonhole.dovecot.org/releases/2.2/dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole-0.4.8.rc3.tar.gz
http://pigeonhole.dovecot.org/releases/2.2/dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole-0.4.8.rc3.tar.gz.sig

Refer to http://pigeonhole.dovecot.org and the Dovecot v2.x wiki for
more information. Have fun testing this new release and don't hesitate
to notify me when there are any problems.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch
stephan at rename-it.nl