[Dovecot-news] v2.1.rc6 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Feb 12 23:01:10 EET 2012

http://dovecot.org/releases/2.1/rc/dovecot-2.1.rc6.tar.gz
http://dovecot.org/releases/2.1/rc/dovecot-2.1.rc6.tar.gz.sig

I've finally finished all of my email backlog. If you haven't received an answer to some question/bugreport, resend the mail.

This is hopefully the last v2.1 RC. If I don't receive any (serious) bug reports about this release in next few days, I'll just change the version number to v2.1.0 (and maybe update man pages, some are still missing..)

I'll also create dovecot-2.2 hg repository today and add some pending patches from Stephan there and start doing some early spring cleaning in there. :)

Since v2.1.rc5 there have been lots of small fixes and logging improvements, but I also did a few bigger things since they really had to be done soon and I didn't want v2.2.0 release to be only a few months after v2.1.0 with barely any new features.

	* Added automatic mountpoint tracking and doveadm mount commands to
	  manage the list. If a mountpoint is unmounted, error handling is
	  done by assuming that the files are only temporarily lost. This is
	  especially helpful if dbox alt storage becomes unmounted.
	* Expire plugin: Only go through users listed by userdb iteration.
	  Delete dict rows for nonexistent users, unless
	  expire_keep_nonexistent_users=yes.
	* LDA's out-of-quota mails now include DSN report instead of MDN.

	+ LDAP: Allow building passdb/userdb extra fields from multiple LDAP
	  attributes by using %{ldap:attributeName} variables in the template.
	+ doveadm log errors shows the last 1000 warnings and errors since
	  Dovecot was started.
	+ Improved multi-instance support: Track automatically which instances
	  are started up and manage the list with doveadm instance commands.
	  All Dovecot commands now support -i <instance_name> parameter to
	  select the instance (instead of having to use -c <config path>).
	  See instance_name setting.
	+ doveadm mailbox delete: Added -r parameter to delete recursively
	+ doveadm acl: Added "add" and "remove" commands.
	+ Updated to Unicode v6.1
	- mdbox: When saving to alt storage, Dovecot didn't append as much
	  data to m.* files as it could have.
	- dbox: Fixed error handling when saving failed or was aborted
	- IMAP: Using COMPRESS extension may have caused assert-crashes
	- IMAP: THREAD REFS sometimes returned invalid (0) nodes.
	- dsync: Fixed handling non-ASCII characters in mailbox names.