[Dovecot-news] v1.1.rc5 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon May 5 01:08:11 EEST 2008

http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/rc/dovecot-1.1.rc5.tar.gz
http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/rc/dovecot-1.1.rc5.tar.gz.sig

I've finally gone through all my unread mails and fixed most of the
reported bugs. There are only a couple ones left that I can't reproduce.
Please report if you still have any problems with rc5, even if you
already have reported the same bug before.

v1.1.rc6 will hopefully be the last RC before v1.1.0.

	+ Support cross-realm Kerberos 5 authentication. Based on patch by
	  Zachary Kotlarek.
	+ Added dict_db_config setting to point to a Berkeley DB config file.
	+ If mail_chroot ends with "/.", remove chroot prefix from home
	  directory.
	- Fixed several bugs and memory leaks in ACL plugin. LIST and LSUB
	  may have listed mailboxes where user had no 'l' access. STORE could
	  have been used to update any flags without appropriate access.
	- mbox: Valid-looking From_-lines in message bodies caused the message
	  to be split to two messages (broken since v1.0).
	- Plugin initialization hooks were called in wrong order, possibly
	  causing problems when multiple plugins were used at the same time.
	- Expire plugin was broken
	- LIST-EXTENDED options were ignored.
	- LDAP: Static attribute names weren't working correctly
	- deliver: mail_uid and mail_gid settings weren't used.
	- pop3 + maildir++ quota: maildirsize file wasn't created if it
	  didn't exist already.
	- dnotify: Waiting for dotlock to be deleted used 100% CPU