[Dovecot-news] 1.0.rc1 released
tss at iki.fi
Wed Jun 28 01:34:35 EEST 2006
I think the code is now stable enough to be called the first release
candidate. Please report any bugs, new and old.
The filesystem quota numbers should be correct now?
* PAM: If user's password is expired, give "Password expired" error
message to the user. Now actually working thanks to Vaidas Pilkauskas
* Relicensed dovecot-auth, lib-sql and lib-ntlm to MIT license. See
COPYING file for more information.
* Abuse prevention: When creating a mailbox, limit the number of
hierarchies (up to 20) and the length of the mailbox name within
a hierarchy (up to 200 characters).
* mbox: If saved mail doesn't end with LF, add it ourself so that the
mails always have one empty line before the next From-line.
+ Added --with-statedir configure option which defaults to
$localstatedir/lib/dovecot. ssl-parameters.dat is permanently
stored in that directory and is copied to login_dirs from there.
+ IMAP: Support SASL-IR extension (SASL initial response)
+ Support initial SASL response with LOGIN mechanism. Patch by Anders
+ Added PLAIN-MD4 password scheme. Patch by Andrey Panin.
+ Added support for XFS disk quotas. Patch by Pawel Jarosz
+ If another process deletes the opened mailbox, try to handle it
without writing errors to log file. Handles the most common cases.
+ Added TLS support for LDAP if the library supports it.
- SEARCH command was more or less broken with OR and NOT conditions
- Dovecot corrupted mbox files which had CR+LF linefeeds in headers
- MySQL code could have crashed while escaping strings
- MD4 code with NTLM authentication was broken with 64bit systems.
Patch by Andrey Panin
- Plugin loading was broken in some OSes (eg. FreeBSD)
- Several fixes to handling empty values in configuration file
- Several fixes to dictionary quota backend and dict server.
Also changed how they're configured.
- deliver: Fixed plugin handling settings
- mbox_min_index_size handling was somewhat broken
- passdb passwd-file: extra_args field wasn't read unless the file
was also used as userdb.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 191 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot-news/attachments/20060628/5c2ab725/attachment.pgp
More information about the Dovecot-news